Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Favorite Movie and TV Show Heroes

Hey, everyone! I thought it might be interesting to do a post (inspired by my friend, Mikayla, who runs The Bubblegum Ballerina) listing my favorite heroes from various movies and TV shows I enjoy. I am doing this post just for the fun of it, and I hope you like it!

I'll also - most likely - be doing a list of my favorite heroines, so watch for that! :)

(Here's the post that inspired me: My Life (In as many posts as it takes) # 24)

Note: I'm not going by order from my favorite to my least favorite.

Drew Simpson from Love's Unfolding Dream
(Love Comes Softly series, #6 - played by Patrick Levis)

I really enjoyed Love's Unfolding Dream, and Drew was a lot of fun. Scenes between him and Belinda made me laugh numerous times, and he was a very enjoyable character. Even when he was being serious, it was almost in a lighthearted way, and his first meeting with Belinda was hilarious!

Willie LeHaye from Love's Enduring Promise
(Love Comes Softly series, #2 - played by Logan Bartholomew)

Willie was a fantastic character, and I loved him in Love's Enduring Promise. His story was compelling and dramatic; he had been through so much, yet was still so young and such a gentleman. He was an emotional wreck (for very good reasons!), but it feels so real that it just adds to the whole movie. His inner turmoil was shown so well. He's also very kind and giving. 

Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride and Prejudice
(The 2005 version starring Matthew Macfayden as Darcy.)

I got the picture where he's smiling! :)

Okay, first off, let's get something straight about this guy: I am not one of those swooning teenage girls that thinks he is the perfect man. ;) All right, we're clear on that point, so, why do I like him? At first he's displayed as a prideful, glowering man who is rich and scorns the underprivileged.... So. Not. True. (Okay, at first it's a little true...) He has a great character arc, and is so fun, because, underneath, he's really a very kind, giving guy that realizes what he's done wrong and goes to great lengths to fix things (i.e. bringing Mr. Bingley back for Jane, giving his nemesis, Mr.Wickham, a dowry for Elizabeth's sister, Lydia, and so on).

Ty Borden from Heartland
(CBC's TV series. He's been in the show from 2007-present. Played by the wonderful Graham Wardle.)


First of all, I love Ty's turnaround. He comes to Heartland as a teenage rebel on probation, but turn's out to be a really great young man. He's even becoming a vet! It was so sweet how you can tell he loves Amy and that he would do anything for her.

(I also want to compliment Graham Wardle's acting - he does amazing job throughout all of the seasons!)

Jack Bartlett from Heartland
(He's been in the show 2007-present. Played by Shaun Johnston.)


Jack is a wonderful character. He's kind, fatherly, and gives fantastic advice. I've enjoyed having him around since season 1, and watching his and (his son-in-law) Tim's relationship come to better terms (they are a source of great amusement!). I couldn't imagine Heartland without him!

Edmund Pevensie from The Chronicles of Narnia
(All three movies. Played by Skander Keynes.)


Edmund is my favorite character in Prince Caspian. Why? He's the character you can relate to more than the other Pevensies. He's the one who makes a bigger turnaround than any of the other characters. He's the one who's made huge mistakes. He's the traitor who's mended. He struggles with temptation, but he overcomes. In the second movie he steps up and, while Peter is fighting his own battles, is the steady one. And knocking out that guard with a flashlight!? I'd say he becomes a bit of a hero in Prince Caspian!

Eustace Clarence Scrubb from The Chronicles of Narnia
(Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Played by Will Poulter.)


Eustace, like Edmund, is flawed. In the beginning of Voyage I didn't like him. But as the movie progresses, you see him changing and becoming a better person. In the end he's a really loveable character - he's not the whiney, annoying cousin who thinks he's superior to everyone anymore. He and Edmund are sort of examples of God's undying love and forgiveness for us - God accepts us the way we are, and, if we let Him, changes us. I enjoy Eustace's character a lot because he has a huge character arc from the beginning of the movie to the end. He also adds humor to an otherwise mostly-serious movie.

Peter Pevensie from The Chronicles Narnia
(The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and Prince Caspian. Played by William Moseley.)


I really loved Peter in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. He was (and is) a really protective older brother, even when he was being a bit harsh on Edmund. Of course, he made his fair share of mistakes in Prince Caspian, and he had a bit of a pride issue, but I understand why he acted the way he did - he was a king, a warrior, and then he goes back to England as a young teenager again. Then, when he finally comes back to Narnia, Caspian is the rightful ruler, and he has to free his kingdom from the grasp of the Talmarines. Overall, he's a brave warrior and is kindhearted.

Jack Thornton from When Calls the Heart
(Hallmark's TV series. Played by Daniel Lissing.)


Jack is a fun character. He was completely against Elizabeth when he first came to Coal Valley, but as the season progresses he becomes a charming, kind gentleman. He's very chivalrous, and his struggles with Elizabeth are so humorously portrayed!

Well, that's all nine of them!
Who is your favorite movie/TV show hero? Do you like any of the heroes listed above?
-Micaiah- 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post Micaiah! =D Totally agree with the three Narnia ones. ;D
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mikayla!! :) Good... ;) 'Cause they're amazing! :D

      Delete
  2. Great post! I loved reading it! I just tagged you over at my blog for the Stranded on a Deserted Island tag!
    ~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was fun! Thanks for the tag!

      Delete