Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Writing Advice

Hey, everybody! Just popping in really quick to share some great posts from other blogs with you! I hope you enjoy some of these (they are all pertaining to writing!) from K.M. Weiland, Alicia Willis, John Horn, Rachel Rossano, and Sarah Holman! 

Creating Believable Emotion - Alicia Willis

Choosing A Narrative Voice - Rachel Rossano

Focus Writer - Sarah Holman

What Do Your Characters Look Like? - John J. Horn

How To Write an Epic Love Story - K.M. Weiland

How to Create Walk-On Characters Who Are Memorable - K.M. Weiland

The Ten Commandments of Reading Like a Writer - K.M. Weiland

The Hook - K.M. Weiland

Most Common Writing Mistakes, Pt. 32: Boring Opening Lines - K.M. Weiland (Quite interesting and helpful!)

What Is YOUR Target Audience? - Alicia Willis

Stereotyped Male Characters - Alicia Willis (I personally loved this one!)

Should Christian Novels Be Violent? - John J. Horn

Why Proofreading is Essential - John J. Horn

How To Write Dialogue Tags - John J. Horn (This is extremely helpful!)

Why Christians Should Write Historical Fiction - John J. Horn

Should Christian Novels Have Romance? - John J. Horn

P.S. What would y'all think if I started up a video blog?

10 comments:

  1. I will have to check these out! They sound interesting. ;-)
    I like the idea of a video blog!
    ~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope you like them!! Great, thank you for your thoughts! We'll see what happens, but I'm hoping to start up a video blog soon! :)
      -Micaiah-

      Delete
  2. You doing video blogging sounds fun! Hope to see one soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! I'm so glad to have more stuff to read:)
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!!! I hope you like some of these! :)

      Delete
  4. I will have to check some of these out! Thank you for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! =D Sorry I didn't find this till now, I've been slacking a bit online. =P I can't wait to cheack these out! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's ok. ;) I know what you mean! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

      Delete