Friday, September 19, 2014

A Tour of My Room

Hi, all! As of recently, my sister and I have been decorating our room safari themed, and so I thought I'd share some of our progress with you! I personally think it's coming along rather well. ;)

Here are some photos:

This is our bunk-bed...decked out in giraffe and leopard print covers. ;) Ashley, my sister, gets the bottom, while I sleep in the top.


Here's two other views - of my bed and hers:
 
This is mine...with my bookshelves full. :)
 
 
This is Ashley's:
 
(She currently doesn't have much in her bookshelves, but, the first one holds her much-loved copies of the extended version of all three movies in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.)
 

This is my Bible and devotional.
 
 
My books (with my makeshift bookend)! ;) I'm building up my collection of Janette Oke books. I would totally recommend her Canadian West series. I love it!
 
 

My Ballantyne collection:
This is missing The Coral Island. I currently keep that novel on another bookshelf, which I will show you in a moment.
 
 
Here are some of the books I've read for school, including By Searching, Treasures of the Snow, and Through Gates of Splendor. Those are all good books I'd recommend!
 
 
Here's a little sign I have above my window by my bed - it reads: 'Dream it, believe it, do it!'
 
 
That other bookshelf I mentioned! This holds my sister's books, a ton of which are in her Garfield collection! She also owns some of Ted Dekker's, Frank Peretti's, and Lisa Bergren's books. My books occupy only the top shelf - the two bottom ones are completely hers. :)
 
 
A close-up! Here are two of John Horn's novels (The Boy Colonel is on my desk - I'm rereading it!), The Chronicles of Narnia, The Coral Island, Titanic Crossing, D.L. Moody, and four of Melanie Dickerson's novels, also, The Queen's Handmaid by Tracy L. Higley - that's actually my sister's book, but she had no room, so I put it with mine. :)
 
 
My adored A Life of Faith novels! All but one is here...the missing one is on my desk also. :)
 
 
A close-up of some of Ashley's:
 
 
Here's our reading chair! It's very comfy. Plus our zebra print throw blanket - which is SO soft.
That's my chore chart and my sister's glass owl from Italy on our little table! :)
 
 
Here's is our desk:
 
 
And wall mural!
 
 
And some more books. What else? ;) Here is War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, which both my sister and I are reading right now, The Red Rag Riddle, which my little bro, Jeremiah, is reading, and Millie's Reluctant Sacrifice and The Boy Colonel are mine...I'm currently reading those too! And, the bottom one is a book titled, The Horse, which I will be using to study up on the animal for my books!
 
 
These are my notebooks and binders:
 
 
 
And, well, that's about it! I hope you've enjoyed this rather long tour through my room! :)
 
I'll be back again tomorrow for the Quote of the Week!
 
-Micaiah-

9 comments:

  1. You have such a cute room! :-) I really love that mural on the wall. It's really cool. Oh and all the books, they're awesome!
    Keep up the good work! Looking forward to tomorrow's quote. ;-)
    ~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie! Yes! The mural is really cool! My sister got it for her birthday this year. I tend to think my books are pretty cool, too. ;) :P And I'm glad! Hopefully I'll get the quote up tomorrow morning. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your bunkbed! On ours the purson on buttum (Me) has about two feet between them and the celing of it so you can't sit up at all. =P Your bookshelf is really cute! Okay, your whole rooms cute, it looks so nice and clean! =D Thanks for the photos! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mikayla! :) Ugh...that must not be fun. :/ Thanks! I made it especially clean for this photoshoot. ;) Haha! You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures!

      Delete
    2. Its okay, after the first week you learn not to sit up first thing in the morning. ;) I just noticed "Treasures in the snow", I have that same addition! =D

      Delete
    3. Yep... *bangs head* ;) Haha! Anyways... Treasures of the Snow is a really good book! I actually immensely enjoyed it when I read it a few years ago! Did you?

      Delete
  3. I love the safari theme! Your room is adorable! =) I love all the books! ;) =D

    ReplyDelete