Monday, March 23, 2015

Update of Sorts (It's Been a While)

Hey, guys! So, I know it's been a while since I last posted, and I'm sorry! I've been having a bit of a blank recently on what to post on... :) BUT I do have a few thoughts (any ideas from you guys on a post you'd like me to do? Let me know in the comments!), and I have some fun news to share with you all!

How pretty is this poster!?
I AM GOING TO SEE THE NEW CINDRELLA TOMORROW!!!! I am SO very excited, because it looks like it's going to be so great, and then there's Frozen Fever to look forward to, with adorable Olaf and mini...marshmellows?, and Oaken and all of the other main characters are back! Cinderella also looks quite spectacular - the acting, the costumes, and so much more! Plus, I am also excited because we're going to my favorite theater! Does that sound weird at all? Haha - oh, well! ;)

Other bookish news:

I just finished R.M. Ballantyne's The Island Queen last night. It was a very fun book, and I enjoyed it! There were fun characters (especially Otto, one of the castaways, who made me laugh), and it was a pretty quick read because it kept me interested. I was smiling through almost a whole chapter! Anyways, I did enjoy it, but I thought the ending could've been better. Overall, however, it's recommended!

I've officially started reading the epic by Homer, The Iliad, today for school. So far...it's pretty boring and...strange. I think I'll be happy when I have it finished!

Randomness:

I have a comforter project in Home Ec. to do this week! My mom and I went to Hancock's and got fabric and other materials for it on Friday, so I'll try to start soon. I might post after I've finished it on how it goes (with pictures)! It's going to be a small comforter, so I am going to give it to my one-year-old niece if it turns out all right. :)

That's all I have for an update now, but do expect another post from me soon!

-Micaiah-

Are you going to see Cinderella? Have you read The Island Queen, or any other book by Ballantyne? What books have you been reading? 

6 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you again Micaiah! =D Two of my older sisters are going to see Cinderella, if they like it I probably will see it when it comes into redbox. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad asked if I wanted to go see Cinderella, so I might be going! I don't know, yet. =) Have fun! You will have to tell us if you like it! Ah, so you have started your journey into the Iliad. Be prepared for blood, rambling men talking endlessly of their achievements, gods being stupid, men being stupid, kings being stupid, and blood and death. Yup. That's about it. ;D

    Love from me to you!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Fun! Tell me if you get to see Cinderella and how you like it! I enjoyed it. :) I think they did a fantastic job on it! Ella and the Prince were both great!!! And Frozen Fever was fun and cute - did you know they're making a Frozen 2!?

      Yes. The Iliad. :P Ugh! Sounds terrible...
      -Micaiah-

      Delete
    2. I will! I'm glad you liked it! Frozen Fever might possibly be one of my biggest motivators to see it! ;) I did hear that!!! =D That's awesome! {And they are making a live-action Beauty and the Beast!! It doesn't come out for another 2 years though =P B&TB (the animated 1991) is my favorite movie ever, so I hope they don't ruin the live action one. I will be 18 when it comes out!! =O #Scary haha}

      Delete
    3. Great!! :D Yeah, I wanted to see Frozen Fever too... ;) Isn't it awesome, though!?? I am excited about it! Yeah, I heard they were making a live-action Beauty and the Beast too! They have a guy playing the beast that looks super similar to the beast once he becomes a man again - really similar! :) Hmmm...I'll be 16 then. :O Oh, also, I read something that said Frozen 2 wouldn't release before 2018!!! That's actually a pretty accurate time for making an animated movie though. :/ (Did you know it took them 10 whole years to make Frozen!??? They had to create a new program to make the snowflakes look the way they did! And possibly some other programs too. But now that they have those programs, shouldn't take nearly as long to make the sequel!) :D Seeing Frozen Fever kind of made me happier they were making a Frozen 2. :)

      Delete