Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Interview with Mikayla from The Bubblegum Ballerina!

I am happy to announce an interview with one of my friends - Mikayla, from The Bubblegum Ballerina!
 
Hi there, and welcome to Adventures Beyond the Horizon!

Thanks for having me, Micaiah, I'm very happy to be here! =D

Could you tell us a bit about yourself?

I could tell you a lot about myself but you'd probably get bored so I'll try to keep it nice and short. ;) I'm a quirky fifteen year old, I live in the gorgeous state of Texas with my five siblings. I love reading, writing, blogging, art, photography, emailing (that's like my fondest pastime), spending time with my family, watching movies late at 10-11 at night, finding adorable outfits, sewing, and the list goes on and on so I'll spare you from the rest. ;) Overall, I'm quirky, klutzy and an email freak. 

When did you begin blogging?

June 7th, 2013. So, I've been doing it for a little over a year with just over 100 posts. =)

How did you choose your blog title?

Well, sad to say, I didn't really think about my blog title much, which makes me sad now, but actually The Bubblegum Ballerina is a book title of mine. I haven't written the book yet, but I liked the title so I put it on my blog. =)

What’s your favorite book genre?

Oh, that's a hard one. I guess Adventure, non-magical fantasy, and historical fiction. =) 

Who is your favorite author?

Jessica Greyson. She has written my two favorite books - Annabeth's War and Captive of Raven Castle. =D

Favorite book?

Annabeth's War. It is by far the best book I've read. Lots of action, not much romance, fun characters, good witticisms, and lots of fun stuff! =D

What are you currently reading?

The Ringmasters Secret - which is a Nancy Drew, and The Coral Island. =) 

Tangled or Frozen?

Beauty and the Beast. Oops, wasn't one of my options. ;) I guess Tangled - Pascal is just so cute. =D

Action, adventure, or mystery?

Ugg, it would be a toss up between Action and Adventure. They're both similar but so much fun I just couldn't choose. =)

Who’s your favorite fictional character?

Emma Woodhouse (from Emma by Jane Austen). She is almost just like me and it is amazingly fun to watch and read about someone that much like me. =D

T.V. or movies?

T.V. You get to know the characters much better. =) 

If money were no object, where would you go for vacation? Who would you bring with you?

I would go to... England and just walk around with a camera for days on end. I would take my sisters and Jessica Joy. =) 

Favorite time period? Why?

The 50's. They are awesome. I really should have been born in the 50's (or so my family tells me). If I could figure out a way to take my friends with me and go to the 50's for a week, I would. =D

What are three words that best describe you?

Need More Words. Okay, that's just what I say when I'm writing, but I guess: Quirky, cute and sarcastic. Rebekkah wanted me to add 'Imaginary,' 'Sensible,' and 'Not-a-girly-girl-but-not-a-tom-boy.' But I told her that was too many words, so... 

What is your favorite movie?

Bell and the Beast. But really, I prefer T.V. series. 

Which is your favorite movie in the Chronicles of Narnia? Favorite character from that movie?

Prince Caspian. Its the best one of the three. =) Edmund - he is just awesomeness itself. Really, I want Edmund. He's so cool. Not to mention cute. Okay, I'll stop swooning. ;) 

Do you write? If so, what do you like to write about?

Oh, boy, do I like to write. I'm a writeaholic. =D I love writing!! I like writing about normal girls who sometimes end up in unusual circumstances. I love action books, stories where people get hurt with happy endings. I can't stand it when you don't have a happy ending. =) 

And, if you could meet one person, who would you choose?

Jim Elliot. But if your talking about living, one of my online friends. =) 
 
Thanks for stopping by and giving up your time so we could get to know you!

Thanks so much for having me, Micaiah!! =D 

4 comments:

  1. Aww, you would take me to England with you? That would be amazing! Haha I liked your answers, Mikayla! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any excuse to see you! =D Not to mention we could have so much fun together taking photos and going all over the place. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good interview! I hope you have more soon. 😊

    ReplyDelete