Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Text Tag


 :
Secondary characters can rock. ;)

I was tagged by both Mikayla H., writer of The Bubblegum Ballerina, and Emily from A Purpose and a Promise to do the Text Tag! Thanks for tagging me!

Let's get started, shall we? And most of us gather here today are writers, so we know we like words. ;) 

Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and give a link to their blog.
2. Answer the original 6 text-themed questions.
3. Add a typography/word related question of your own for those you tagged to answer.
4. Tag 6+ other bloggers, and let them know.
5. Include these rules in your post.

The original questions...

1. What is your favorite letter of the alphabet?

The letter M, I suppose. I'm probably a little biased because my name starts with M. But, hey, that's okay, right? ;) I also kinda like the letter R. 

2. What are three words that you love?

Oooh... I'll say adventure, loved, and snowflakes. Or horizon. And fjord. (I really don't often think of favorite words...so some of this was a tad bit random...)

3. What are three words that you hate?

Adorbs (when said in a very annoying voice and preceded by 'totally'), bae (that new word that, I just found, means 'before anything else'), and ain't. So basically slang. I dunno. I was struggling to think of words, so these are the closest I could find... 

4. If you were to create a word, what would it be, and what would it describe?

I guess it would describe the total feeling of freedom and happiness when standing in the rain or on the bow of a boat and just being and just soaking in the beauty of your surroundings and the goodness in God and life.

5. What is your favorite three punctuation marks?

" ! . 

6. What are three of your favorite fonts?

Well, I like Aparajita enough to use it as the font for my book ;), and these guys (sorta)...


6. (Mikayla's question) What word do you most often misspell?

Hmm... Nice question! I think sometimes I struggle with the whole i and e scenario, and the 'i before e' rule - that doesn't apply to many words. So yep...I'll find myself wondering if piece is really piece or is it 'peice'? ;) Or something like that...

7. (Emily's question) What is your worst pet peeve when it comes to writing

I suppose it's when I just can't seem to write, when the words won't come out the way I want them to. It's frustrating, writing a scene and then wanting to delete it because I don't like the finished product. (I probably need to work on this...I mean, on continuing to write anyway. ;))
 
That wasn't too hard! Hopefully my randomness was slightly entertaining. ;)

Now, I am tagging anyone who wants to do this! 

My question: What is your favorite letter/word to write in cursive?

What word do YOU most often misspell? Favorite font?  What's your biggest pet peeve when writing?

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I literally almost choked when you said you can't stand adorbs..nor totally. I USE THOSE ALL OF THE TIME. *cringe* sorry!! LOL!

    And to answer you...I can't write in cursive. :P I hated it as a kid and just never kept up with it. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, really? Well, the two words aren't that bad apart, and I say totally too, but when you say something like "That's totally adorbs" in an obnoxious-teenage girl voice, that's when it bothers me. ;)

      Aw, really? That stinks. I like writing in cursive! And when you get it down, it actually is super simple. Would you ever consider trying to learn it again?

      Thanks for the comment, Julia! :)
      -Micaiah-

      Delete
  2. This was awesome, Micaiah! You did it beautifully. =D

    Ugg, I agree, Adorbs is SO annoying! XP And excessive use of 'like.' XP

    My favorite word to write in cursive is Love. It just flows so prettily. My favorite letter to write in cursive is a capital L. But I'm not very good at cursive, so I don't use it much. =P But, I'm trying to get better. =)

    My biggest pet peeve while writing is getting interrupted while writing a tense scene, it throws off myconcentrationn. Ether that or knowing egsactly what I want to write, and then I go to put in down and I loose my words. XP

    Your awesome!
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Well, thanks, Mikayla. I actually thought it could be done better, so that's very kind of you to say! :)

      Yeah...an excessive use of the word 'like' can get old. But, ahem, I find I say it a lot in person. Just in everyday conversations. But I sound better when I write anyways, I think. ;)

      Cursive is nice to use, isn't it? Love does flow together nicely. Yep. Getting interrupted while writing is frustrating. And not knowing how to say something. I agree with you there!!!

      Aw, thanks. You're very sweet, Mikayla! Hugs across cyberspace. ;)

      -MK-

      Delete
  3. great answers!!!!!! I really love your blog btw!!


    http://thecountrygurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete