Saturday, December 5, 2015

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."


GUYS! It's Jane Austen tag! And all of you reading this right now...consider yourself nominated. Yup. You are tagged to do this on your own blog.


So, to start off, I'll say that I haven't read many of Miss Austen's books. Or watched a bunch of the movies. I think I've seen two versions of Pride and Prejudice, the 2009 edition of Emma, and the newest version of Persuasion. And I've read Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, and Persuasion (which was my favorite of her novels so far). I guess that's not too bad...but I also don't think I can call myself an avid fan. I'll be answering all the below questions with those books and movies in mind.

Nontheless, I've decided to do this post. (Mostly 'cause I like Pride and Prejudice.)

I've added a few questions of my own making that were not originally in the tag, and there weren't any rules on the blog I got this from about this tag, so here goes...

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a Jane Austen fan do you consider yourself?

Oh, gosh...maybe a three or four? As I mentioned above, I've only read three of her books and seen four of the movies. Plus, I mostly just really like Pride and Prejudice. ;)


Talk about awkward. ;)
If "they" would make a new Jane Austen Movie, and you would be able to be cast in it, which Jane Austen character would you most like to play?

Elizabeth or her sister, Jane. I like both of those characters! I think I'm a little like Jane, but probably not strikingly so.

Is there any felicity in the world superior to a walk?

Absolutely! Like listening to music, or rock climbing, or hiking in the snow... Many things are superior to walking. ;)

Who's your favourite Jane Austen 'villain'? (As in 'villain' meaning 'the bad guy.')

Thinking about it, I realize that most of Jane Austen's villains are similar. But I must say Willoughby - not that I really liked him or anything, but I felt a twinge of compassion for him in the end of Sense and Sensibility. And Mr. Wickham wasn't extremely dimensional. Neither was Mr. Elliot. And I'm really not sure who was supposed to be the bad guy in Emma. Maybe there just wasn't one...?


Is he the bad guy?
Or is it him?

What/Who introduced you to Jane Austen?

My sister, Ashley. I think we watched a lesser-known version of Pride and Prejudice first, and then we watched the 2005 version together. I found the first version we watched really drawn out and rather boring. I know the 2005 movie isn't as close to the book as some other editions, but I still really enjoy it. It's not so very different. ;)

Did you love/enjoy Jane Austen immediately, or has there been a time when you hated (um, prejudged) it?

I didn't at first, because I watched a really boring version of Pride and Prejudice, but then I fell in love with the 2005 movie. And now I've read several of her books, Persuasion being the best.

(What can I say? The whole time I was reading Pride and Prejudice I was thinking of moments in the movie.... That's also probably the reason why I don't remember a whole lot about the book. It's kind of a blur.)

Who, in your opinion, is the funniest Jane Austen character?

Mr. Collins, the Bennetts' cousin. He's annoying, but funnily so.

Do you quote Jane Austen randomly in public?

Emma and Mr. Knightley
Never. Just to my siblings. ;) Actually, I don't think I quote Jane Austen... But we randomly quote movies of all different sorts whenever we feel like it. Mostly just my younger brother and I, though. It's quite fun, because we've done it (and do it) so much that we can now finish the quote the other started. ;)

(He has also memorized a quote from my favorite book, which he hasn't read yet.)

Are children allowed to eat cake on weddings?

OF COURSE!

What is your reaction when you hear that an aquaintance (e.g. A lady at Church) of yours loves Jane Austen?

I've never had this happen, so I can't say. I would probably wonder what movie and character is her favorite. ('Cause I'm like that. Into details and such.) ;)

Who writes better letters, Mr. Darcy or Captain Wentworth? (If you forgot what the letters were, shame on you. Instead, tell me if you prefer strawberries to chocolate or not.)

I remember, indeed. Okay, so I love Mr. Darcy, but Captain Wentworth totally wins this one. His letter is pretty sweet. (It's also not a slightly bitter explanation of unfortunate events.)


Captain Wentworth and Anne

Which Jane Austen heroine do you relate the least to?

Of the ones I know, probably Anne Elliott from Persuasion. She's so very composed. I don't think I would act the way she did around Captain Wentworth if I were her! Her situation was slightly horrible and very, very uncomfortable. But maybe I could. Her troubles would honestly be devastating though. Especially when she's watching Captain Wentworth spend so much time with her relatives (the girls!) and thinking he's falling for one. That would just be...SO sad.

What's your favourite Jane Austen house (from one of the movies)?


PEMBERLY!

From the movies I've seen, I guess Emma's in the 2009 version, or Mr. Darcy's in the 2005 version. (I really like the outside of his... So much space! Side note: I really like the scene when Elizabeth pulls up to Mr. Darcy's house in the carriage with her aunt and uncle. Her face is funny. I can imagine her thinking This could have been MY home. I could have lived here! And this is after she so rudely rejected him.)

What's your favourite Jane Austen dress (from one of the movies)?

Honestly...I don't really know! I haven't seen many dresses in the movies that I've really liked, but perhaps one of Emma's. (2009)

Can you turn off lit candles with your fingers? (Not sure what's goin' on with this question...)

Sure, I can. I've done it (but I don't really care to).

Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice

Who's your favorite heroine of Jane Austen's?

Elizabeth Bennett!

Hero?

Mr. Darcy. I like Captian Wentworth and Mr. Knightley too though.

Favorite book and movie?

For the book, I think Persuasion. And then the 2005 Pride and Prejudice, o' course.

What character do you least like?

I think Lydia tops all in horrible-ness.

Well, that's it! To wrap...

Merry Christmas!

We can finally say that again! ;)

What Jane Austen book or movie is your favorite? Are you a fan? Do you like the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice?

~Micaiah~

No comments:

Post a Comment