Thursday, October 15, 2015

Wednesday Word Share

So, I decided to participate in Rachel Heffington's #wednesdaywordshare! (You can too...just use that hashtag!) I found this through Miss Emily Ann Putzke's blog, which you can check out at that link! 


sea green:
This is a snippet from my Civil War novel that I'm working on. Slowly. It'll come along sometime. :) For short I call it Trapped. That's a whole other story, though.

Anyways! I wrote part of this just the other day. Hope you enjoy!


I stood on deck, the salty wind playing with my hair. The soft sound of boots clumping behind me alerted me to the presence of – I turned. Wynn.
            He stopped next to me and looked off in the distance. “It’s beautiful out here, isn’t it?” he said softly.

            I nodded, turning my head to look at him. “It is.”

            He seemed content to remain silent after that, so I looked back at the water.  For some reason that I would never be able to explain, all I could think about when I saw the blue of the water was the Confederate uniform Teddy must be wearing right now. A sigh escaped me and I shifted my gaze to look down at wood of the bulwark.

            “Are you all right?” Wynn asked.

            “I...”

            Wynn glanced down at me and I met his eyes. He looked doubtful...and concerned.

            I looked back down. “If I were going to be completely honest,” I paused, awkwardly folding my arms in front of me, “then I would tell you...no.”

            Wynn nodded and looked off to the horizon again, and didn’t say anything for a few moments. I almost thought he wouldn’t say anything at all when his voice startled me.

“Madeline, I can’t know at all what you’re feeling…about your brother being off in war, but I do know that things,” he shifted towards me, “things don’t always go the way we planned.” A sad smile tilted one corner of his mouth upwards. “Often they don’t. But that’s not so much the problem as it is how we react to the change in plans. We can turn into a complaining, disgruntled person, or we can trust.” Wynn pointed one finger towards the sky. “Trust Him. He’s got it all worked out, and that’s a lot less scary than having everything in our palms.” He spread his hands wide, as if for emphasis. “God is good, Madeline. He doesn’t give us our wounds or our hurts or our trials. He's not like that. Sometimes things do come along that challenge us, but that isn't the point. The point is that He's there, He's in control, and He cares. And in the end we become a much better person for all of the heartache that might come with the challenge.” He turned to go, but paused, adding, “The war will end, Madeline. It will. Teddy is in God's hands."

And that's all, folk! (Yes, I said folk.) You will - hopefully - be hearing from me again soon! In a longer post, too. :) 

~Micaiah~ 

6 comments:

  1. Thats awesome, Micaiah! By the way, I love your new profile picture, its adorable. =D
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mikayla! :) You're so sweet. :D

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily! That means a lot! <3 (And thank you for the follow!)
      -Micaiah-

      Delete
  3. Excellent...got me wondering what's next.....and great pointing to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete