Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Randomness

*Sigh* The busyness of life can get to even the best of us. :) Well, it actually hasn't really gotten to me very much. But...

I have been incredibly busy last week and today and yesterday, doing school, figuring out my new school (last week), and, er, school. Oh, and writing a thesis statement and argument paper. I decided to write about something I - uh - stand for, since it's an argument paper - Why Print Books Are Better Than E-Books! ;) Maybe I'll post it sometime... Haha! And no laughing! ;) It actually hasn't been that bad lately. Plus, I just did a Math test, and I think I did pretty good! Algebra I isn't really all that bad. It's actually been rather enjoyable.

Speaking of the print books vs. e-books, here's an article I read on it!

But, I'm not here to talk about my argument paper. ;) Although, this is just a random post! And I haven't been completely buried in my books. This weekend I went hiking/rock climbing with my older bro and his family, and we have some fun plans for this week!

First off on the list of randomness, Braden Russell posted again on his blog, The Storymonger, which, for me, was fantastic, because I've been waiting! It was more of an 'I'm back!' post than anything else, but the update was nice, and I am looking forward to seeing what other posts he has planned! Check out the article, Return of the Storymonger here! And this also means he is closer to doing some more of his hilarious videos! Haven't heard of his YouTube channel, Broken Lens Productions? Check it out right HERE! Honestly, I think if you're a homeschooler you'll find them funny. I sure do!

Second, I am looking forward to have the chance to be on Alicia Willis's Beta Reader List for her third installment in the Comrades of Honor series, Rising to the Challenge! It will release early next year (I believe so, anyways), so be on the lookout for it! Haven't read the first two books, To Birmingham Castle and In Search of Adventure? No worries! There's plenty of time left to! It's exciting to be one of Alicia's beta readers, as I get to give my opinion and input on the book before it is sent to the publisher, and look for typos and inconsistencies. And, so, because of all that, I ordered my very own signed copy of the second installment, In Search of Adventure, which I currently haven't read yet! I'll be starting it soon, just after...

Finishing two of the books I am reading right now. Speaking of reading, I just finished Annabeth's War by Jessica Greyson, and God's Smuggler! I finished Annabeth's War last night, and God's Smuggler today! Both were great books, and hopefully I'll post reviews on them soon!

And...I have two books on their way! My sister and I preordered a hardback, signed copy of Ted Dekker's new epic, A.D. 30. It rocked because it was half off! Yes, it's at the start of Jesus' ministry. Yes, He is in it. No, He's not the main character. It's about a young woman named Maviah. It's more for my sister than for me, but, if she thinks it's good, I'll be reading it too! The second book I mentioned I ordered in-store at Barnes and Noble. It's my first book by Douglas Bond - can you guess what it is!? Hostage Lands! Whoop, whoop! Okay, okay...I'll stop! I'm looking forward to reading it, though - have any of you? We'll most likely be picking it up tomorrow because it just came in today!

Other than that I had to watch the dissection of a frog today - but it was only Part I. There are three parts. I only got through the mouth section - and I was covering my eyes... So, yeah, that happened. It was, uh, pretty gross. Hopefully I'll make it through Parts II and III.

On top of it all I am already thinking of what Christmas presents I am going to get everyone! I know, I know, it's early, but I'd rather be safe than sorry! Ugh...I just used a cliché. ;)

(Random note: I recently updated my About Me page! Go check it out!)

Have any of you heard of the Christian band, for KING & COUNTRY? I've been listening to some of their songs from their new album 'Run Wild. Live Free. Love Strong.' on YouTube! I thought I'd share one of my favorites with you! :)



Oh, and guess what movie came out in theaters last Friday? Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day! I am very excited to go and watch it! Are any of you planning on seeing it? It looks adorable and hilarious. Just in case you've not seen the trailer, I've included it below:



What have you all been up to recently? Are you already thinking of Christmas gifts, or is it just me? ;)

You can subscribe to get email updates from me here!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you argumentative paper is going to be about! I did mine on the phrase YOLO, which was popular at the time =P I lost all my early papers, though, because ny computer crashed! =( anyway, I'm sure yours is going to be awesome!! Those books Look really amazing. I'm gonna have to check them out! Oh, and I want to see Alexander and the THNGVBD!! ( Haha, I had to abbreviate ;) we've seen a lot of movies this year, do wet probably won't see it till it's out on RedBox. If you go you well have to tell me how it is!! =D

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you! Aw...that stinks! Cool! I hope you get to read some of them! Doesn't it just look so fun!? I'll definitely tell you how I like it! Though, I have a feeling I am going to love it. :P

      Delete