Tuesday, February 3, 2015

If You Were Stranded on a Deserted Island...

So, I was tagged by both Mikayla H. from The Bubblegum Ballerina and Katie R. from Lilies of Grace for the 'Stranded on a Deserted Island' tag! Thank you both for the tag!

What you do:

1. Thank the person/s who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions below.
3. Tag a few other bloggers (however many you want!).

The situation: You're stranded on a remote, deserted island - alone - for 1 year. Keeping that in mind, answer these questions:

You can have one food item (besides all the fish you can catch!) - what would you choose?

I suppose spaghetti or food from Red Lobster!

You can have one beverage (besides fresh water) - what drink would you want?

Special iced teas (such as peach)!

What ONE outfit would you bring to wear (top, bottoms, and shoes)?

A tank top with a light, longer sleeved shirt to go over it (so I can keep the sun off my arms!), shorts, and tennis shoes. And a hat, if I could! :)

1 Author: You get all the books they've ever written.

The first person to pop into my head would be, of course, my favorite author, John J. Horn. But since he's only written three books, and I think spending a year alone on an island would allow for many, many hours of reading, I think I'll say Janette Oke! :) I like the way her books feel homey, in a way, and are really very clean!

1 Magazine: You'll get one each month!

Hmm... I don't know! Something with tips for survival, like a special selection of National Geographic magazines or something (there are others, of course).

1 Freebie item. It can be anything (except for your cellphone!).

I am going to say a survival kit. It's one item, yet many.

While struggling to survive, what cool thing would you do for 1 whole year?

Well, I could definitely belt out any song I wanted to all the time since no one would be around. ;)

Best thing about solo island-living: the beach, do whatever you want, great tan, or a lot of alone time?

Definitely the beach! I don't tan, for one thing, I burn! ;) And I wouldn't want to be alone for so long!

Ickiest thing about your so-called paradise: too much time alone, awful sunburn, learning to fish, or sand in everything?

I think it would be too much time alone. It would be terrible. An awful sunburn would also be rough! And with no sunscreen or aloe vera available?! I'm so fair-skinned that I burn very easily, so that would be... :P I think I would actually get used to all the sand! ;)

Yay! You're finally rescued! Who is the first person you would want to see?

My family and my dog!

First thing you'd want to do?

Catch up on everything that's happened in my absence, preferably over dinner at a nice restaurant with my family! And relax; listen to music; get a coffee, etc.

First thing you'd want to eat?

I'd want to eat at Red Lobster and/or Outback! :) Or spaghetti and pizza (though not together).

I nominate Julia Ryan and Jessica Joy!

6 comments: